Re: skip checking py27-setuptools in pkg_rr?

On 22 Sep 2020, at 13:42, John D. Baker wrote:

While running pkg_rolling-replace, it trips on py27-setuptools with:

[...]
RR> Tsorting dependency graph
RR> Selecting py27-setuptools (devel/py-setuptools) as next package to replace
RR> Checking if py27-setuptools has new depends...
/usr/bin/awk: unknown option -expat-[0-9]*:../../textproc/py-expat ignored

RR> Replacing py27-setuptools-44.1.1
===> Cleaning for -setuptools-50.3.0
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: No valid Python version

Just ran into this myself. My previously installed py27-setuptools had been built from devel/py-setuptools, but that PKGPATH now contains setuptools that are 3.x-only. The 2.7-compatible setuptools are now to be built from devel/py-setuptools44. I manually edited ${PKG_DBDIR}/py27-setuptools-44.1.1/+BUILD_INFO and changed PKGPATH to devel/py-setuptools44, and pkg_rr proceeded smoothly.

You might want to inspect the new lang/python/versioned_dependencies.mk for any other py27-* packages you've got installed, and make the same kind of manual PKGPATH edits for those.

Not an endorsement, mind you! We need a way to handle this kind of move automatically. But it worked for me.

- Amitai