Re: Rust still broken on 9.0-STABLE i386

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 8:31 PM Havard Eidnes <he%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> >> Does "pkg_add openssl" to get the openssl from pkgsrc help (as a workaround)?
> >
> > Yes, or rather I built it from source.
> >
> > With openssl installed, I was able to build rust (make package just worked).
> >

> > Given the hour, I lean to minimal changes, so I am inclined to basically
> > add the make-code corresponding to the following pseudocode in the rust package:
> >
> >   if os=netbsd and arch=i386 and version>=9
> >     add openssl as a build dependency
> >   endif
> >
> > which I can't imagine will bother anyone for whom rust now builds.
>
> I got a couple of hints earlier about using
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-llvm-static-stdcpp
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-cargo-native-static
>
> and dropping
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --disable-llvm-static-stdcpp
>
> However, this doesn't get me a native build of the bootstrap;
> rust fails to link with various OpenSSL ENGINE symbols
> undefined, and looking at the linker invocation, neither -lcrypto
> nor -lssl are included (they should be!).
>
> I'm now taking a different tack, in that I'm trying to
> cross-build a bootstrap kit for i386 where I've tweaked the
> "gcc-wrap" script to link a list of known external libraries
> statically -- we'll see how that goes.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Håvard

Sorry, didn't read this thread earlier.

We discussed this problem on the sparc64 mailing list where i had the
same issue.

It was fixed there by installing emulators/compat_80 which is missing
as dependency on a 9.0-STABLE system.

Link to thread:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2020/07/01/msg002978.html

Regards,