Re: pkg_rr and pkg_admin set rebuild=YES

On Sat 19 Sep 2020 at 13:35:07 +0000, Benny Siegert wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, Rhialto wrote:
> > After I sent my first mail, I realised that maybe the task of setting
> > the rebuild flag on a package is better given to pkg_chk. With your
> > proposed name "mismatch" that may even be more so.
>
> FWIW, I do this manually when I update. I run pkg_chk and redirect its
> output to a file. Then I can do any sort of fixups (e.g. remove lines for
> packages that pkg_chk thinks are missing) and do something like

I didn't do anything like this yet in my current changes, because it is
a more complicated patch: it would change the interface between pkg_chk
and pkg_rr.

Currently pkg_rr reads text output from pkg_chk. If pkg_chk sets the
flags, then pkg_rr just invokes pkg_chk, ignoring output, but then has
to check for the mismatch=YES flags. It would probably also require a
new flag for pkg_chk.

For now I wanted to stay away from this, but if this is considered the
way to go, I can do it.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on