Re: pkgsrc-wip: GDM + GNOME now runs on NetBSD

Re-sending my replies because first time I forgot to CC the mailing list.

> Do you need to disable it system-wide, or can we sprinkle a few paxctl +m
> strategically?
I believe disabling mprotect for gjs and gnome-shell specifically could work. Didn't have time to try that yet, I only learned about PaX recently.

> I guess, the use of clang is mandatory for this package? I haven't
> used clang as the default pkgsrc package yet, this should require a
> rebuild of everything, to the best of my knowledge.
I had trouble building some of the dependencies with gcc, but unfortunately forgot to write them down. I am not really sure gcc was the root cause though.

Dan