[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Daily packages for NetBSD/amd64 current
* On 2020-07-26 at 15:26 BST, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 10:52:48PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > I needed a NetBSD-current system for testing pkgin changes, and figured I
> > may as well also set it up for daily package builds.
> > So if anybody would like a repository for the latest packages then head over
> > to https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-netbsd/ to install the bootstrap
> > kit.
> The bootstrap part is a bit confusing to me; why don't you just provide a
> directory suitable for pkgin's /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf? Is that
> to explicitly allow the signed packages only?
Sure, you could perform all the steps manually by yourself instead:
* Set PKG_PATH to the repo and install the pkgin package.
* Fetch the PGP key from https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/pgp/ and import
* Configure pkgin and pkg_install.conf to use the repo, and configure
pkg_install.conf with your preferred VERIFIED_INSTALLATION setting.
* Install the mozilla-rootcerts package and run the install script.
The point of the bootstrap kit is to just do all this for you, but the
end result is the same, so choose the easy way or the harder way I
Jonathan Perkin - Joyent, Inc. - www.joyent.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |