Building Linux packages on NetBSD

If I want to utilize a NetBSD host to build pkgsrc packages for a Linux
installation, what are my options?

1. I can possibly use qemu + a light weight Linux distro to create the
required setup. Is that something feasible? (It would be slow, but any
other issues?)

2. How to ensure the library compatibility for the base libraries. For
example I might use some very light weight distro (possibly tiny core) for
compilation purpose, but my deployment host may be running a different
distro. Is it possible that I copy the libraries from the target machine
to a certain (non standard) location on my compilation host and have
pkgsrc link against them (instead of the compilation host's libraries?)

Mayuresh