Re: cmake needs -ltinfo on Linux

adr <adr%SDF.ORG@localhost> writes:

> that was a hint, not a solution (is not a patch...). I think that
> you need to add code to detect tinfo on systems with split ncurses.
> Maybe here?:  mk/curses.builtin.mk

You are welcome to dig in and figure this out.  I don't know what "split
ncurses means", but in general files like curses.builtin.mk and
curses.buildlink3.mk attempt to 1) find a sufficient curses and 2) if
not, depend on pkgsrc curses.  The hard parts are what the interface
definition of "sufficient" is and coping with all the ways that curses
might be present.

If there is some library tinfo on some flavor for GNU/Linux that needs
to be added via bl3 to make sufficient curses available, that might be a
change.  And if this is how curses is on some GNU/Linux, then upstream
packages should cope with it.

This is nia's point -- this is complicated and we need to understand
exactly what step goes wrong and fix it in a sound manner.

I would suggest reading the configure code and looking in
work/.buildlink to see what is there.