Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 11:19:09PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
>> The question about fonts also flagged another thought. I do have the
>> dejavu-ttf fonts package installed (mostly so I have reasonable set of
>> anti-aliased fonts to work with. This probably gives the font renderer a lot
>> more font choice and less possibility of it having to use a bitmapped X11
>> font.
>
>Can someone how sees the broken output please check in the firefox debugger?
>It shows the actual fonts used on a page.

I think that this post is useful:

<https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2020/06/08/msg031427.html>

Toggling the "browser.tabs.remote.autostart" option toggles the broken
output for me.

I had given up and renamed my old ~/.mozilla directory so that firefox
would create a new one, then just imported the old bookmarks. This was a
good idea anyway as my old saved passwords had not been correctly
handled by a previous version change.

I'm seeing a lot of crashes with multi-process enabled so would like to
see single process mode fixed.