Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 15:56, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 13:41, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > To confirm - downgrading www/firefox to 76 and rebuilding firefox
> > > against the same latest pkgsrc dependencies fixes the issue, which
> > > pretty much eliminates an updated dependency being the issue (which
> > > was unlikely, but easy enough to test)
> >
> > So, what was the issue then?

The issue is present in firefox 77. My test was just to confirm it was
77 vs 76, and not any of the other updated dependencies.

> #Begin rant
> Apologies for playing a broken record, but I really don't understand
> the psychological resistance to opening an application with a new,
> clean profile before reporting issues.
> #End of rant

I have kept the same main profile since sometime in the Firefox 5x
range, but I typically test with a fresh profile when I see any issue
(including in this case)