Re: cad/qcad only prints to PDF, no other options

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020, John D. Baker wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jun 2020, Iain Hibbert wrote:
>
> > its probably this switch to qt5 I think which has dropped the print
> > support
>
> > > If qt5 has declared CUPS the only way to print, I consider it broken.
> >
> > It might have such options but not configured in pkgsrc.. Can any other
> > qt5 applications print?
>
> Don't know.  The only other qt5 application I have at the moment is
> 'vlc' which has no printing subsystem at all.  The only other one I'd
> be interested in is 'wireshark'.  I'm building it now and will see what
> happens.

Selecting "File->Print" brings up a formatting/layout dialogue from
which the "Print..." button brings up a printer-selection dialogue.

The printer-selection dialogue is exactly the same as in 'qcad'.

  Printer
    Name         [Print to file (PDF) v] [Properties]
    Location:
    Type:
    Output file: [<name of output file>.pdf]  [...]
  [Options >>]                  [Print  ]  [Cancel  ]

The printer name field is a drop-down selection box.  It is pre-filled with
"Print to file (PDF)".  It highlights, but no other options are shown.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD