Re: Garbled output with Firefox 77

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 12:53, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > > The problem is still present with version 77.0.1.
> >
> > I recall there was some minor gnome lib bump which dropped support for
> > fixed size fonts or some such.
> >
> > Could it be a font issue?
>
> Also seeing this here - firefox 77 and all other packages from latest
> pkgsrc build (just before 77.0.1 bump).
>
> I don't think its a font issue - as pages show without any layout -
> its as if it tried to layout a stream of random bytes as an html file.
>
> Wondering if this could be a package on which firefox depends... To
> those who are not seeing any problem - did you rebuild all packages
> from pkgsrc as well as firefox?

Well, in my case - partially. I had gone through pkg_rolling-replace
when I built 76.01 on the 25th of May; a few days later - aroud the
29th - I had another rolling-replace (always after cvs update, of
course, plus pkgclean and 'pkg_admin rebuild-tree' in advance.

For firefox-77.0 I had only devel/{cbindgen,nss} rebuilt.

--
----