Re: Missing python interpreter

Le 04/06/2020 à 09:38, Thomas Klausner a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 08:21:16AM +0200, Frederic Fauberteau wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get the following error when building sysutils/grub2:
>> ===> Configuring for grub2-2.04nb1
>> [...]
>> checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.6... none
>> configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> The Makefile contains PYTHON_ONLY_FOR_BUILD=tool. Is another action needed to provide a python interpreter during the configuration step?
>
> You need to include one of the lang/python/*.mk files, probably
> application.mk or pyversion.mk.
>
> (I didn't commit such a change because even with it, I get a missing
> kernel.img in the install phase.)
>  Thomas

First, I introduced a typo: s/PYTHON_ONLY_FOR_BUILD/PYHTON_FOR_BUILD_ONLY/.

Then, you were right Thomas. I have included "../../lang/python/tool.mk" and the python interpreter is now added to the buildlinks. I did not find any example in the pkgsrc document concerning PYTHON_ONLY_FOR_BUILD and the mk fragment that should be included. I noticed that pyversion.mk references PYTHON_ONLY_FOR_BUILD in its API documentation but I think tool.mk sounds like "I want to use python as a tool".

Fred