Re: firefox60 and thunderbird60 EOL

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 12:31:01PM +0000, nia wrote:
> Firefox 60's time has come. We're at the end of the release
> cycle for Firefox 68, its successor, which I've mostly been
> maintaining so far. A new extended support release will
> be branched soon. If firefox60 is kept we will then have
> five different branches of Firefox in HEAD.
>
> Thunderbird 60 is no longer supported, and there will be no more
> extended support releases of Thunderbird.
>
> Thunderbird has moved to a new release model, there are now
> no more "extended support release" branches. Rather, the
> main branch now has extended support.
>
> Unless there's strong objections, I'll drop both firefox60
> and thunderbird60.
>
> Seamonkey is based on the Firefox 60 codebase, so I'll make
> it the primary holder of mozilla-common.mk. If you have an
> extremely weird web page that only renders in firefox60,
> seamonkey likely works.
>
> The last branches without a rust dependency will remian,
> Firefox 52 and Thunderbird 52, for reasons that have been
> discussed to death. :)

A few corrections :D

- The last firefox60 release was on 2019-09-03
  It has been unsupported for security updates since 2019-10-22
- The last firefox68 release will be on 2020-08-25
  It will be unsupported for security updates from 2020-09-22
- The first firefox78 release and new ESR branch will be on 2020-06-30

I thought the firefox68 support was ending sooner because
Mozilla have historically made .9 the last ESR version.

It's hard to actually find this information, so, for future
reference:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Calendar

Anyway, in conclusion, firefox60 has been unsupported for
8 months by now.