Re: Error building "mplayer" and "mencoder": "missing library: libutil.so.7"

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 06:28:44AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> so I am suspicious of gif especially and somewhat ossaudio.  But I can't
> find any reference to libutil in those.   So there is definitely
> something funny going on here.

libossaudio is only a thing on NetBSD. Solaris implements OSS in the kernel
rather than as a userspace translation layer.

I would also check for references to libutil in $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig,
it's likely someone has patched libutil in without thinking about non-NetBSD
platforms.