Re: Issues installing binary packages on NetBSD 9.0 (KASLR)

* On 2020-05-12 at 05:32 BST, Richard Sass wrote:

> The problem
>
> Trying to install curl here. I do see the same symptoms trying to install
> other packages as well. X11 was not selected during the build of NetBSD. The
> log of the install goes on forever.
>
> Lots of errors around
> - /usr/X11R7/lib
> -
> /work/lang/ghc88/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/ghc-8.8.1/xhtml-3000.2.2.1/../int
> eger-gmp-1.0.2.0/libHSinteger-gmp-1.0.2.0-ghc8.8.1.so, needed by
> gettext-lib-0.20.1 is not present in this system.
> - more of the same a couple of times and references to ghc7 instead of ghc88

I've taken a copy of the pkg_summary.gz from that repository to see if
I can see why pkgin is getting confused about which dependencies
belong where, but certainly that package repository is fundamentally
broken with REQUIRES entries pointing to the work area, and so you're
going to run into problems regardless.

I don't know who is building those packages, but they should
investigate why the CHECK_SHLIBS checks are letting those packages
pass through.