Re: Best practices to refresh patches

Jesus Cea <jcea%jcea.es@localhost> writes:

> For a newcomer, would be useful to have some guidelines of how to
> contribute easily, low friction, tiny learning curve, to whom talk about
> this, maybe some mentorship.

Agreed that things could be explained better.

As someone who sometimes integrates improvements in wip back to pkgsrc
proper, I prefer wip as the contribution mechanism because it makes the
proposed new or updated package broadly available to what I think is the
largest set of pkgsrc developers.  I prefer it to patches in gnats or
the list, because it's much easier for me to just fix something, or to
ask for a small change, without a lot of manual dealing with patches.

I am assuming that you found and read:

  http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/