Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

On 23/04/2020 14:35, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> HP-UX is a possible problem in this area, but I'm not completely sure.

HP-UX (on hppa at least) has the problem that support in GCC was dropped
4.x so we have another hurdle when it comes to needing newer compilers.

I'm for shedding patches for legacy platforms but maintaining support
for them (the pkgsrc/bootstrap, pkgsrc/mk, pkgsrc/pkgtools parts) as it
is not big nor intrusive and could be around for anyone who fancies a
challenge of playing such a system (the bootstrap infrastructure is
there, just need to get things built).

Sevan