Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

On Thursday 2020-04-23 03:07, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 09:49:43AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
[Recently a patch to libffi to accomodate IRIX has caused a problem on
another platform.  In discussing what ought to be done, I asked if
anyone was using pkgsrc on IRIX, but that thread is not likely to be
seen by most, so I'm asking here.]

I would extend the question to other platforms without support in
cwrappers and with questionable support for DESTDIR. For example, I
would explicitly drop any pretense that we support SCO. It doesn't
support proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH behavior and that will incur random
breakage with DESTDIR builds.

I've been looking into pkgsrc for all the SCO Legacy OS's (UnixWare 7, OpenServer 6, and OpenServer 5). We have a community of about 1,500 Users. With the Definitive Series the include a native development system and gcc-2.95.3. I've successfully used Ryo ONODERA patches to get a gcc 4.2.4 and binutils 2.24 to build a pkgsrc base on OpenServer 5 Definitive 2018 and OpenServer 5.0.7 MP5.

I would prefer the SCO support not be removed so we have more modern Open Soure Projects.

Best Regards,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047