Re: How long are old pkgsrc releases supported?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 03:10:38PM +0200, Frank Wille wrote:
> No I have not. How similar would the hardware have to be? CPU architecture
> is enough? Probably depends on the applications needed?

If it is only for building/updating, a simple chroot setup is enough.
You create the binary pkgs you need in the chroot (e.g. via pkg_chk -s)
and install them outside (via pkg_chk -b). But in general (especially
for amd64 machines) it is usually pretty easy to find other build hosts
to use instead of the chroot.

Martin