Re: pkgsrc openssl on netbsd-8/sparc?

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> writes:

> Updating packages on netbsd-8/sparc, several now require pkgsrc openssl
> as that in netbsd-8 is considered too old.

Perhaps, you can cvs up -r just for openssl to the previous stable
branch and still use old openssl.  But of course that's not maintained.

> ${LDCMD:-cc} -pthread -Wa,--noexecstack -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I/usr/include -O2 -L.  -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib \
>         -o fuzz/asn1parse-test fuzz/asn1parse.o fuzz/test-corpus.o \
>          -lcrypto -pthread
> ./libcrypto.so: undefined reference to `__atomic_is_lock_free'

Interesting that there is just one issue.   I'm guessing that the code
expects the compiler to provide that and it doesn't on sparc.

That looks like a test program; it may be possible to just comment it
out of makefile.