Re: Firefox and the broken about:login, a temporary workaround

On Sat 11 Apr 2020 at 19:08:55 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> When reporting to Mozilla about how about:logins doesn't work ever since
> they introduced it, I came across the following question from somebody
> with a very similar problem.
>
> I copied some relevant text in this message for future reference.
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1279696
>
> === A:
>
> If you change the signon.management.overrideURI preference on the
> about:config page to empty and restart Firefox, can you see your list of
> logins and passwords in the legacy password manager?

This actually only helped to a very limited amount. I only get 1 (one)
login in the Saved Logins I reach from the preferences. It is the one
that I made to login to support.mozilla.org.

In my profile, the file "logins.json" contains many many more, but they
are not shown, and as far as I can tell, also not used when I go to the
related websites.

This is very bad. Worse than I thought, even. Looks like I'll be staying
with firefox 69 for a long, long time...

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on