Re: firefox-74.0.1 build failure

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 15:58, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:

> * On 2020-04-08 at 11:49 BST, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>
> > Basically, 'make configure' almost immediately fails with
> > sh: 1: Syntax error: ";" unexpected
> >
> > Running 'make -d all configure' shows the problem in a long command
> > invoking the configure sh script (which further invokes python2.7),
> > the problem is in the first few characters - it starts with
> > set -e;ulimit -d `ulimit -H -d`; ; ulimit -d `ulimit -H -d`; ;
> >                                   cd
> > /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/firefox-74.0.1 && ....
>
> This should have been fixed a while back with this commit:
>
>   https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/df15d78e9cdb1984a883f239880adc46c87d0753

Most likely, it is after the last time I did a full cvs update...

Practically all my problems with pkgsrc are due to piecemeal
updates... I know...

Funny though; with zsh masquerading as /bin/sh 'make' succeeded; 'make
package' failed for a different reason; /bin/sh faild as above;
eventually my own build of ksh93 was able to complete 'make package'.

Anyway. this version still doesn't do WebGL as 74, whereas 73.01 (anf
firefox-esr) do just fine.

I am due a full update and a rolling-replace now.

> If not, something else is going on in your environment, but it will be
> related to this issue.
>
> --
> Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -  www.joyent.com

Thanks,