Re: Rust problem i386

On 23/03/2020 09:25, Havard Eidnes wrote:

I beleive what I did to turn this error into a warning was to do
"paxctl +m <rustc bootstrap compiler>" (or was it the "cargo"
bootstrap binary which needed this treatment?  I forget...)

The package makefile does that to cargo so I wonder if this is a quirk of my build environment in that I'm running i386 binaries on an amd64 kernel in a chroot. I wonder if the amd64 kernel doesn't pick up on the paxctl notes of an i386 binary or is just more strict?
Alternatively, if you have the space to fetch all the bootstraps,
you could bump the bootstrap for NetBSD/i386 to 1.42, add

# To build 1.42 with 1.42, this is required:
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --set=rust.deny-warnings=false

to Makefile, do "make makesum", and proceed to build 1.42 with
the 1.42 bootstrap which should already be available.

I'll give this a try when I get a moment. I don't really have too much in the way of space limitations :D

Mike