Re: gvfs, samba

On 14/03/2020 18:28, Tom Spindler (moof) wrote:

FWIW, you *can* build samba4 without all the AD domain controller stuff
and just use it in nmbd+smbd mode; I have a local patch to do just that
(--without-ad-dc, mostly) and it seems to work without issues.

I'm curious to know why you think that requires modification to work? I use the stock samba4 package(no build options) in a domainless environment without issue on NetBSD8 and NetBSD9. Is this some sort of space saving thing?

Mike