Re: mail/dovecot removed

Thanks for your explanations.

> Nia said it fails with openssl 1.1
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that.

> In your tree, have you been able to build mail/dovecot?
I last built it on 8.1_STABLE from 2019Q2.

> I haven't heard any compelling reason to run dovecot 1 vs 2 other than [...]
My reasons for sticking with 1.2 are:
1. It just works.
2. I couldn't come up with an easy scheme that allows me to realistically
   test a 2.x setup for a limited set of users (including the ability to
   revert them to 1.2 at any time) while running the 1.2 setup for the bulk
   of users, the problem being the format of index files has changed.
   Normally, I would set up a new installation in parallel and ask my
   colleagues to use that server instead of imap.math.uni-bonn.de, but in
   case only one of them fails to switch only one of their gadgets to use
   the new IMAP, we may run into serious problems like index corruption or
   mails lost due to synchronisation problems.
   I could use a toy user for the tests, but that would fail to test the
   Real World.
   Plus I would need to find a way to test the 2.x LDA uncluding Sieve.