Re: How do I update all my installed packages from source?

Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Nothing jumped out in the user section of pgksrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt, trying:
>
>   $ cd pkgsrc/
>   $ make update
>
> seems to want to build everything?

https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/how_to_upgrade_packages/

Keep in mind that this page cautions about ABI issues with make replace.
While true, they are easy to recover from.  make update if it hits a
build failure can result in things being removed and not put back, and
that is very much harder to recover from.