Re: net/ntp4: where are the configuration and rc.d files?

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> I installed net/ntp4 onto my Linux Debian system.
>
> I understand NetBSD base already comes with:
>
> /etc/rc.d/ntpdate
> /etc/rc.d/ntpd
> /etc/ntp.conf
>
> so, there's particular need to have them. Building on other systems,
> these files are missing in either $PREFIX/share/doc/ntp or
> $PREFIX/share/ntp.
>
> However, the scripts are in the distfile in the scripts/ directory.
>
> Have I missed something? Is there a configuration argument I have to
> play with?

Probably you have not, other than that pkgsrc only has things fixed that
someone was motivated to fix.

If you want to figure out how to fix this and send a patch, it might
help people.  There's some potential trickiness surrounding not messing
up things on NetBSD, and I don't know how pkgsrc deals with rc.d files
when they already exist when "PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=yes" is set.