Re: firefox build failure on NetBSD 8.0

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:45:02 +0530
Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> Is it one of those things that won't build on 8.0? Or is it something that
> requires compiler upgrade? And if it's the latter what's a systematic way
> to do so, so that things work out of the box for 8.x users?

The actual error message will be further up (can be quite far up with
MAKE_JOBS>1). It does need C++17 now and yes, the C++ headers on 8.x are
too old.

Normally adding "gnu++17" to USE_LANGUAGES (which I have just done)
would ensure that a recent enough gcc (and libstdc++ + headers) would
be used. but since Firefox insists on being built with clang there is
no such logic and we lose.

Properly fixing this will be non-trivial. A workaround might be to patch
the package to have a local copy of the necessary parts of the
"g++/type_traits" header file that are added with C++17.

Kind regards,
-Tobias