pkg_comp: Serveral package builds fail | libtool: error: specify a tag with '--tag'

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to create packages with pkg_comp. I basically stuck to the default configuration and only adjusted where I thought it was necessary. The build works in principle. However, there are some packages whose builds fail according to the same pattern. It looks like a problem with libtool:

* libffi-3.2.1nb4

	libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
	libtool:   error: specify a tag with '--tag'

* libslang2-2.2.4nb3

	libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
	libtool:   error: specify a tag with '--tag'

* readline-8.0

	libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
	libtool:   error: specify a tag with '--tag'

Everything I could find in the mailing list archive is a bit older and did not help in the specific case. My build environment consists of a NetBSD / amd64 9.0_RC2 and a pkgsrc-2019Q4. the problem also occurs on a pkgsrc-current (as of today). I took the following steps after the pkgsrc was provided:

1) Installation

	# cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_comp
	# make install clean

2) Configuration

	# vi /usr/pkg/etc/pkg_comp/extra.mk.conf
	--> add this lines:

		MAKE_JOBS=8
		SKIP_LICENSE_CHECK=yes
		PKG_OPTIONS.ghostscript=x11 fontconfig cups
		PKG_OPTIONS.libreoffice=java cups

	# vi /usr/pkg/etc/pkg_comp/sandbox.conf
        --> add this lines:

		SANDBOX_ROOT=/usr/sandbox/pkg_comp
		NETBSD_RELEASE_RELEASEDIR="/home/mpeterma/release/$(uname -m)"

3) Run build

	# pkg_comp sandbox-create
	# pkg_comp build mc zsh git-base

Is anyone familiar with this problem and can they give me a tip on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much and best regards
Matthias