Re: Initialize pkgdb on fresh NetBSD installation

24.01.2020, 14:17, "Ottavio Caruso" <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost>:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 10:31, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:
>>  After fresh installation of NetBSD directory /var/db/pkg does not exist.
>>  What is the correct way to initialize pkgdb?
>
> My bootstrap created this on mk.conf:
> PKG_DBDIR= /usr/pkg/pkgdb

My question is about default pkg_* for netbsd (because I preffer binary updates), which sets pkgdb to /var/db/pkg.
Actually it is enough to manually create this directory and then pkg_add initializes the database correctly.
So, I've found the solution -- mkdir /var/db/pkg :-)