Re: Slow firefox?

On 2020-01-12 10:49, Martin Husemann wrote:
OK, this is a bit of a suprise, but the difference is:

# PKG_OPTIONS.firefox   += debug-info

Without debug-info my firefox 72.0.1 outperforms the windows version on
the same machine slightly. With the additional symbols (and no other
changes) the performance drops to roughly 1/3.

Something must be doing lots of symbol lookups...

There is a lot of dynamic library loading in firefox so that might not be all that surprising. I'd certainly expect performance parity as I don't really notice the difference in performance between firefox NetBSD and firefox windows in daily use.

Mike