apachectl graceful?

Hi,

after recently upgrading to NetBSD/amd64 9.0_RC1 and apache
2.4.41nb1, it appears that both the signal handling has changed
and "apachectl graceful" no longer works as intended.

Earlier, I had my /etc/newsyslog.conf configured so that USR1 is
sent to the apache master process after rotating the logs, but
after the upgrade this caused apache to exit, not to re-open the
logs.

Similarly, on "apachectl graceful", apache now exits and doesn't
actually restart.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?  Is there
something NetBSD-specific going on here -- mis-handling of
signals on NetBSD?

Regards,

- Håvard