Re: HEADS UP: Wayland and WebRTC enabled for NetBSD 9/Linux

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 11:02:50AM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
> Hey Nia,

Hi!

> When you say "Wayland turned on by default"...

This means that core toolkits can now talk the protocol without needing
to be recompiled.

> does that mean you can run a Wayland display server instead of an X
> server on NetBSD 9?

You can!

> Is there such a server?

See wm/velox. Read MESSAGE.

> Or would you run something like Weston in the existing X session?

Weston is pretty Linuxy. Might have another look at it at some point, but
I'm trying to rely on shims and compat as little as possible.

You might notice devel/wayland has been patched to use kqueue directly.
Similarly, velox has been patched to use wscons directly.

But, again, I want to talk about this at FOSDEM... :)