Re: conflicting dependencies in sysutils/flashrom

On 2019-12-23 17:06, Mike Pumford wrote:

Assuming the packages work that seems like the way to go. One other useful thing would be to make the problem easier to diagnose. Some sort of warning in the libusb1 package makefile that emits some sort of warning if LIBUSB_TYPE is not set to compat so at least a user has a breadcrumb trail to follow to get rid of the conflict?

Well I can confirm that flashrom is able to see the ROM on my apu just fine. (I'm on the latest BIOS as I did the update in linux before I realised that it was possible to do straight from BSD.

I can also confirm that apcupsd works fine with:
LIBUSB_TYPE=compat
on 8.1-STABLE/amd64

Mike