Re: Proposed change to misc/tmux keep erase char as the user likes it

Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> writes:

> On Sun 10 Nov 2019 at 16:51:58 +0100, Olaf Seibert wrote:
>> see https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/1969
>
> Summarizing my exchange with the tmux author: he vehemently disagreed
> with me that the VERASE from "outside" should be cloned "inside", but he
> was prepared to make it an option to choose something other than DEL.
>
> It is not 100% what I wanted (because I explictly need to give an
> option, and it still sometimes translates the backspace/del character so
> it it still prone to losing access to one character in some cases) but
> it was the best compromise I was likely to get.
>
> I also noticed there is a tmux 3.0-rc in git for a while so there may be
> a release "soon".

I can see where both of you are coming from.  Overall I sympathize with
the notion that mixing terminals with varying VERASE settings is trouble
which I realize doesn't come down cleanly on one side or the other.

So it sounds like there will be a feature in a future tmux that will be
mostly ok for you and thus you aren't still wanting to make netbsd-local
changes.