Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 10:50, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
> >Firefox works great. The discussion here isn't about firefox being
> >broken on netbsd, it's being broken across an update. That usually
> >happens due to some kind of binary incompatibility being introduced.
>
> I'm not sure this is down to a binary incompatibility.
>
> I started seeing the same thing recently too even when Firefox and all
> its dependencies have been rebuilt from source.
>
> Google Maps triggers it for me.

Firefox on NetBSD-8 had crashed on Google maps for me for the best
part of a year (this is self built binaries on amd64). Upgrading to
NetBSD-9_BETA - netbsd-8 firefox still crashes, but netbsd-9 built
firefox seems perfectly stable.

(Just a data point)

David