Re: converters/libiconv-1.16

Le 2019-10-11 05:46, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
On 11.10.2019 05:42, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
Hi folks,

Is there any reason to use it on NetBSD? It silently breaks programs
that pick iconv.h, as it overwrites /usr/include/iconv.h and later
defines libiconv specific symbols that are absent in libc.

This breaks e.g. GDB for ./build.sh tools

I had bad experience with it and in my opinion it should be marked as
not applicable/broken/unwanted for NetBSD.

I agree since I understand that it breaks glib in pkg/54341 while the builtin implementation provides much more conversion.

But I do not know how it is interweaved in the pkgsrc.