Re: 'sudo' built w/pam option sometimes fails on i386 netbsd-9 and -current

Le 2019-08-29 04:58, John D. Baker a écrit :
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

>   sudo: unable to initialize PAM: Operation not permitted
>
> I see it most often when re-authorizing during the "timestamp_timeout"
> period (using 'pkg_rolling-replace'), but it has happened during initial
> interactive use as well.

Now that I think about it, this would occur only after "timestamp_timeout"
has expired and 'sudo' is about to prompt for the password.

No, it does also happen when "timestamp_timeout" has not yet expired.
It happened again and when I restarted the replacement of the package
pkg_rr was working on when it failed, it did not ask for authentication.

Hi John,

Do you use NetBSD? If I remember correctly, sudo uses openpam implementation on this platform. Maybe your problem could come from PAM...? By saying that, I realize that our openpam package is outdated since the 20190224 tag is now available.

Cheers,
Fred