mpv audio oddity playing HDHomeRun streams?

Lately 'mpv' (from recent pkgsrc-HEAD) exhibits a strange behavior when
I try to play a stream from my HDHomeRun device (via STDIN).

Only background/incidental music is audible, dialog is inaudible.

Meanwhile, 'mplayer' plays the stream (via STDIN) without any audio
shenanigans.

I used to use 'mpv' regularly to play media from my HDHomeRun.  I hadn't
for a while until today when I wanted to use it again and discovered
this behavior.

This is NetBSD/amd64-9.0_BETA.

Has anyone encountered anything similar?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD