Re: Issue with stopping the daemon postgrey (mail/postgrey), plus patch

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 at 22:08, Christopher Pinon <cjpinon%secondfloor.xyz@localhost> wrote:
is the patch also committed to stable or only to current?

The releases for pkgsrc are quarterly. As this is just a cosmetic change (the pid file was already removed anyway) -- and not a security issue -- I have not requested a pullup for it. The next release can be expected early October (pkgsrc-2019Q3).

In the meantime you could do either of the following:
  • Just copy a modified rc.d/postgrey onto your systems.
  • Build the package from pkgsrc source.
If you would like to do the latter, there is a handy git mirror for pkgsrc on GitHub:

mkdir ~/src
cd ~/src
cd pkgsrc/mail/postgrey
make update
make clean clean-depends

This is not the safest way to upgrade packages, but it is how I personally still do it for now. It runs the risk of leaving you with a non-functional system temporarily, especially if the build fails and you need to manually address it. A better approach would be to use a chroot for building, but I haven't taken the time to do that for myself -- I just use a separate system (virtual machine) dedicated for package building instead.

Cheers,
+ Kimmo