Re: Circular dependancy on IRIX 6.5

> On 7 Sep 2019, at 17:17, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> Am 07.09.2019 um 11:10 schrieb Mark Kirby:
>> drool 6# bmake show-all-gcc
>> gcc:
>>  usr   USE_NATIVE_GCC=         yes
>>  usr   USE_PKGSRC_GCC=         no
>
> This looks good.
>
>>  pkg   GCC_REQD=               2.8.0>   sys   CC_VERSION=             gcc-2.8.0
>>  sys   CC_VERSION_STRING=      gcc-2.8.0
>
> This, of course, doesn't. It means that pkgsrc is picking up a far too
> old GCC from somewhere. Do you have GCC 2.8.0 installed, or is this a
> bug in the pkgsrc GCC detection code?

i do not have GCC 2.8.0 installed on this machine

>>  def   PKG_CPP=                cc -E
>>  def   _CC=                    cc
>
> This reveals the bug in pkgsrc. The GCC detection uses the CC variable
> (which is set to "cc") and tries to find a program of that name in
> GCCBASE (mk/compiler/gcc.mk, search for "_CC is the").
>
> To verify this hypothesis, can you please:
>
> 1. set CC=gcc in your mk.conf
> 2. run "cvs update mk/compiler/gcc.mk"
> 3. run "bmake show-all-gcc”

> again

drool 11# bmake show-all-gcc
gcc:
  usr   USE_NATIVE_GCC=         yes
  usr   USE_PKGSRC_GCC=         no
  pkg   GCC_REQD=               2.8.0
  sys   CC_VERSION=             gcc-8.2.0
  sys   CC_VERSION_STRING=      gcc-8.2.0
  sys   LANGUAGES.gcc=          c c++ fortran77 objc
  def   CCPATH=                 /opt/local/gcc-8.2.0/bin/gcc
  def   CPPPATH=                /opt/local/gcc-8.2.0/bin/cpp
  def   CXXPATH=                /opt/local/gcc-8.2.0/bin/g++
  def   F77PATH                 # undefined
  def   FCPATH                  # undefined
  def   ADAPATH                 # undefined
  def   GMKPATH                 # undefined
  def   GLKPATH                 # undefined
  def   GDBPATH                 # undefined
  def   CHPPATH                 # undefined
  def   GLSPATH                 # undefined
  def   GNTPATH                 # undefined
  def   PRPPATH                 # undefined
  def   IMAKEOPTS=              -DBuildN32 -DSgiISA32=4 -DMakeCmd=/usr/pkg/bin/bmake -DProjectRoot=/usr/pkg -DManUsr=/usr/pkg
  def   LDFLAGS=                  # ends with space
  def   PKG_CC=                 /build/shells/bash/work/.gcc/bin/gcc
  def   PKG_CPP=                /build/shells/bash/work/.gcc/bin/cpp
  def   PKG_CXX=                /build/shells/bash/work/.compiler/bin/c++-fail-wrapper
  def   PKG_FC=                 /build/shells/bash/work/.compiler/bin/fortran-fail-wrapper
  def   PKG_ADA=                /build/shells/bash/work/.compiler/bin/ada-fail-wrapper
  def   PKG_GMK                 # undefined
  def   PKG_GLK                 # undefined
  def   PKG_GDB                 # undefined
  def   PKG_CHP                 # undefined
  def   PKG_GLK                 # undefined
  def   PKG_GNT                 # undefined
  def   PKG_PRP                 # undefined
  def   _CC=                    /opt/local/gcc-8.2.0/bin/gcc
  def   _COMPILER_RPATH_FLAG=   -Wl,-R
  def   _COMPILER_STRIP_VARS=     CC CPP CXX
  def   _GCCBINDIR=             /opt/local/gcc-8.2.0/bin
  def   _GCC_ARCHDIR            # undefined
  def   _GCC_BIN_PREFIX         # undefined
  def   _GCC_CC=                /build/shells/bash/work/.gcc/bin/gcc
  def   _GCC_CFLAGS             # undefined
  def   _GCC_CPP=               /build/shells/bash/work/.gcc/bin/cpp
  def   _GCC_CXX=               /build/shells/bash/work/.gcc/bin/g++
  def   _GCC_DEPENDENCY=        gcc2>=2.8.0:../../lang/gcc2
  def   _GCC_DEPENDS=           gcc2>=2.8.0
  def   _GCC_FC                 # undefined
  def   _GCC_LDFLAGS            # undefined
  def   _GCC_LIBDIRS            # undefined
  def   _GCC_PKG=               gcc-8.2.0
  def   _GCC_PKGBASE=           gcc2
  def   _GCC_PKGSRCDIR=         ../../lang/gcc2
  def   _GCC_PKG_SATISFIES_DEP= YES
  def   _GCC_PREFIX             # undefined
  def   _GCC_REQD=              2.8.0
  def   _GCC_STRICTEST_REQD=    2.8.0
  def   _GCC_SUBPREFIX          # undefined
  def   _GCC_TEST_DEPENDS       # undefined
  def   _GCC_NEEDS_A_FORTRAN=   yes
  def   _GCC_VARS=               CC CPP CXX
  def   _GCC_VERSION=           8.2.0
  def   _GCC_VERSION_STRING=    gcc version 8.2.0 (GCC) # ends with space
  def   _GCC_ADA                # undefined
  def   _GCC_GMK                # undefined
  def   _GCC_GLK                # undefined
  def   _GCC_GDB                # undefined
  def   _GCC_CHP                # undefined
  def   _GCC_GLS                # undefined
  def   _GCC_GNT                # undefined
  def   _GCC_PRP                # undefined
  def   _IGNORE_GCC             # undefined
  def   _IGNORE_GCC3CXX         # undefined
  def   _IGNORE_GCC3F77         # undefined
  def   _IGNORE_GCC3OBJC        # undefined
  def   _IS_BUILTIN_GCC=        YES
  def   _LANGUAGES.gcc=          c
  def   _LINKER_RPATH_FLAG=     -R
  def   _NEED_GCC2=             yes
  def   _NEED_GCC3=             no
  def   _NEED_GCC34=            no
  def   _NEED_GCC44=            no
  def   _NEED_NEWER_GCC=        NO
  def   _PKGSRC_GCC_VERSION=    gcc2-8.3.0
  def   _USE_GCC_SHLIB          # undefined
  def   _USE_PKGSRC_GCC=        no
  def   _WRAP_EXTRA_ARGS.CC=    -mabi=n32

> The "shrm" comes directly from your mk.conf. The usual value is
> "install-sh", therefore I suspect that the "rm" is a typo that you
> introduced. If not, that's a bug in the pkgsrc bootstrap.

yes it was a typo thanks.

Adding CC= gcc to mk.conf has allowed me to build and install bash.

Mark