Re: Using pkgsrc gcc

On 2019-08-19 02:07, mueller6725%twc.com@localhost wrote:
It should not be necessary to manually tweak PATH - setting GCC_REQD should be
all it takes.
It might help to provide more info, such as what indicates to you that it's
using /usr/bin/gcc, what operating system you're running, your mk.conf, etc.
Regards,
   JB
Setting GCC_REQD might work within pkgsrc, but not outside.  I'm thinking of things like attempting to cross-compile Haiku or Linux toolchains.  For that, I might have to tweak PATH from FreeBSD or NetBSD.

In FreeBSD, there is likely to be no /usr/bin/gcc, especially with amd64 and i386, where clang is used to build the system and many of the ports.

I use pkgsrc within NetBSD, but never, or at least not yet, in FreeBSD, where I use FreeBSD ports.

Tom

Understood, but the original question was "How do you make a package use gcc from pkgsrc?", so he is working within pkgsrc.

Cheers,

    JB