rust build requirements

Hello,

I have read that building rust requires a ridiculous amount of memory, but I don't recall anyone specifying exactly how much that is. To limit wear and tear, I build all packages on a tmpfs, so I need the source, intermediate and target files to fit in memory. What is a ballpark guesstimate on how much free RAM one would need to avoid swapping when building rust on NetBSD/adm64 8.1 using 4 cores?

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson