Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:32:34AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> We have not been getting complaints of "I selected git with pkgin and
> now I have X that I don't want."  So as I see it, we don't have a
> problem, and churn is always bad, particularly given our upgade tools.

Those who backed the proposal have this complaint. They just never said it
before.

I don't think any of us are coming from Linux in any way - at least I am
not.

We are coming from pkgsrc's tradition of minimalistic defaults. One
doesn't turn to git-base instinctively for that.

May be that's our `fault'.

Mayuresh