Re: www/firefox: browser.tabs.remote.autostart=false may stop working in future

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:29:51AM +0200, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> > On Jun 18, 2019, at 10:12 AM, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> >
> > It doesn't work very well in practice.
> > Disabling the workaround results in a browser that quickly uses up all
> > the semaphores it has available, then all programs needing semaphores
> > fail to run.
>
> So you're saying we need to increase the limit on the number of semaphores?
>
> -- thorpej

I think it might be leaking. it'll take me a while to test, but once it
started failing (pretty quickly) it was getting worse. I think it's
leaking.

Commenting out pkgsrc/www/firefox/distinfo's
patch-ipc_glue_CrossProcessSemaphore.h
patch-ipc_glue_CrossProcessSemaphore__posix.cpp
patch-browser_app_profile_firefox.js

should be sufficient for testing, if I remember correctly.

(Or, on a completed build, replacing those files by their .orig and
running 'make rebuild; make reinstall; make replace')

I don't have any capable machines running netbsd now, so re-testing is
going to be painful.