Re: Python package issues

On Fri, 24 May 2019 19:27:27 +0100
Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> gtk2 has a build dependency on py37-expat so that gets built and
> installed as a dependency (I'm using pkg_comp1 and that leaves the
> work directory behind when building dependencies). gtk2 then also
> needs py27-expat as well but the build comes unstuck at this point as
> the work directory that has build py37-expat is still there.

This is what I was suspecting, but is it really necessary to have two
versions of python installed? I mean, are they backwards compatible, and
if yes, if some package cannot work with 2.7 then would setting default
python version in mk.conf to 3.7 resolve the issue?

I'm going to try this out, but will take a while for everything to
build from scratch again.