Re: Problems with pkg_rolling-replace and how else to update packages

On Tue, 14 May 2019 19:12:31 -0400, David Vollenweider wrote:
> Unfortunately handling multiple versions of packages for dynamic
> languages like Python is one of pkgsrc's weak points.

FTR, I ended up with the following script:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Install Python 3 packages reported by pkg_rolling-replace(8) as
'missing'

to_update=`awk '/missing$/ { print $2 }' /var/tmp/pkg_rr.out | sort |
uniq`

for ddd in ${to_update}
do
    printf ">>> Installing %s\n" ${ddd}

    cd /misc/pkgsrc/${ddd} && \
        make CLEANDEPENDS=no clean && \
        make package && \
        make install && \
        make clean
done

which should work, provided the pyNN-* packages don't conflict with
each other for differing NN...

HTH,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344