Re: Warsow port. Let's help each other.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 06:28:06PM +0300, Leonid Bobrov wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 09:48:00PM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 May 2019 23:23:45 +0300
> > Leonid Bobrov <mazocomp%disroot.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for mistake, that window comes from client which tells that it
> > > failed to load "refresh DLL":
> > > $ grep "refresh DLL" -R source/source/
> > > source/source/client/cl_vid.c:* Console command to re-start the video
> > > mode and refresh DLL. We do this source/source/client/cl_vid.c:*
> > > cause the entire video mode and refresh DLL to be reset on the next
> > > frame. source/source/client/cl_vid.c:
> > > Sys_Error( "Failed to load default refresh DLL" );
> > > source/source/client/cl_vid.c:  /* Start the graphics mode and load
> > > refresh DLL */
> >
> > OK so you know where it is then
> >
> > Sys_Error( "Failed to load default refresh DLL" );
> >
> > look at the code around it and see under which conditions it fails.
>
> Good news!
>
> Jan Beich (jbeich@ from FreeBSD) found out that is caused by discrepancy
> between CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SUFFIX and gameshared/q_arch.h as used by
> Com_LoadLibrary or FS_FOpenFile. Now that library loads and segfaults, I
> need to recompile it with debug symbols :)

Never mind that, I just forgot to rename libgame.so and libcgame.so, now
Warsow just terminates, again no error messages in output, this time no
window was opened.

I think I should just patch this game so no need to rename lib*.so to
lib*_x86_64.so (and the same process at arches other than amd64). I
don't want to create a complicated plist.