Re: Cannot git-clone pkgsrc: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

On Sat, 11 May 2019 at 18:23, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Keep in mind also that "work" is complicated.
>
> For git's treatment of certs issued by CAs to "work" in terms of meeting
> both security and availability requirements, it must:

I'm just curious: in hindsight the git:// protocol is the native one,
why would github want users to waste unnecessary bandwidth and cpu by
suggesting to use https:// ? Of course the ssh:// is available, which
I still have to setup.

--
Ottavio Caruso