Re: Cannot git-clone pkgsrc: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> Is it just me? I've just compiled devel/git from a local .tar.gz of
> pkgsrc. I then deleted the local branch and tried to clone it with the
> newly installed git:
>
> $ git clone https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc.git -b pkgsrc-2019Q1
> --depth=1   pkgsrc-2019Q1
> Cloning into 'pkgsrc-2019Q1'...
> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc.git/': SSL
> certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
>
> Is this intended behaviour? The only workaround is to change "https" with "git":
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc.git -b pkgsrc-2019Q1
> --depth=1   pkgsrc-2019Q1
> Cloning into 'pkgsrc-2019Q1'...
> remote: Enumerating objects: 122608, done.
> remote: Counting objects: 100% (122608/122608), done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (101129/101129), done.
>
> Any ideas? Where would one get github.com ssl certificates?

My sense is that if you have the Mozilla certificates installed properly
from pkgsrc, it should work.

Just out of curiosity, does

lynx https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc

work? (Check the document's URL with the key 'G'.) If this works, then
by all signs, you have the certificates installed properly.

Also, does

wget -c https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/archive/trunk.zip

work?

C.